We invite you to join our efforts to enrich community life through music. Right now, your monetary donation will help sustain our orchestras and chorus until we can resume our concerts. Under the CARES Act, individuals who do not itemize deductions on their federal tax returns can still deduct up to $300 in donations made in 2020 to non-profits, such as the West Suburban Symphony, which is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity, which you can read more about here.
We last performed on March 1, 2020, and it appears unlikely we will be able to perform in the first quarter of 2021, due to current and anticipated pandemic conditions. Our cost to "stay in business" for a year without producing concerts is more than $25,000, to keep our music director under contract and meet minimal operating costs for such things as storage space for our music library, insurance, phone service and a post office box, a credit-card processing service for donations, and this web site.
To help us meet our current financial challenges, you can give in a number of ways, listed below. We hope you will consider doing so.
- Call 630.887.7464 to donate using your credit card: leave a message and our representative will call you back
- Donate through PayPal
- Mail a check to: West Suburban Symphony Society, P.O. Box 565, Hinsdale, Illinois 60522
- Shop at www.smile.amazon.com and select West Suburban Symphony Society as your charity: At no cost to you, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the value of your purchases to us (select us as your charity by following the instructions on the Amazon site)
Thank you to our community partners
We are grateful for the support of the following private organizations, from July 1, 2019, to present.
- Multiple locations: AmazonSmile Foundation, Motorola Solutions Foundation, and Oxford Bank
- Addison: Moore-Addison
- Batavia: Gregory S. Sapp Violins
- Burr Ridge: Comprehensive Planning Services and Quinlan & Fabish Music Company
- Clarendon Hills: Law Offices of Allan C. Alongi
- Glen Ellyn: Strut Dance Academy
- Hinsdale: Kramer Foods and Hinsdale Music Club
- La Grange: Lake Pilates
- Naperville: Call the Butler and Naperville Suzuki School
- Oak Brook: Mutual Trust Life Insurance
- Park Ridge: Michael Becker Fine Violins
- Riverside: Comic Collector and Riverside Bank
- St. Charles: Lift Works
- Western Springs: Dennis V. Gibbons Piano Service, Heidi Becker Art, Village Hardware, Western Springs Music Club, and Western Springs School of Talent Education
- Westmont: Hinsdale Dance Academy
- Wheaton: Cantigny Foundation