Your Concert Experience
Finding your seat. Unless otherwise stated: tickets provide general admission, our box office opens 45 minutes before each concert, and seating for indoor concerts begins 30 minutes before the downbeat.
Accessibility. If you have questions about accessible entrances or seating, please contact us. Please note that while nearly all our venue are wheelchair accessible, the venue for our special January 2014 fusion show is an historic building that can be accessed only by stairs. If you have other accessibility questions, click here for more information.
The music. You'll find our concerts entertaining and memorable, and Maestro Lipari's discussions of the music will help you appreciate what you're hearing. Although there is rarely a need to do so, the Symphony retains the right to change a previously announced soloist or musical work.
Clothes, children, and cameras. Please come as you are, whether you're in jeans or a suit. Well-behaved children are always welcome, but cameras are not: copyrights prohibit taking photos or making recordings of any kind not commissioned by the Symphony.
Getting there. See the links on the Concerts page for maps of our concert locations. Free parking is available at all concerts. Our 2012-13 venues are conveniently located along, or near, major roads in the western suburbs:
- Hinsdale Central High School, Hinsdale: 55th & Grant Sts: 5 min east of Route 83. Large parking lots are along Grant, south of 55th, across the street from the concert entrance. Downtown Hinsdale restaurants are 5 minutes away by car.
- Masonic Temple, Downers Grove: 923 Curtiss Street - which is the corner of Curtiss and Washington, and directly across the street from the Downers Grove post office, on the south side of the train tracks. In addition, the municipal parking garage that is located between Main Street and Washington is just steps away from the Masonic Temple. The heart of downtown Downers Grove is a block away, with an active restaurant and bar scene.
- St. Joseph Chapel, La Grange Park: 1515 W Ogden Ave: 3 min west of La Grange Rd at Gilbert Ave, next to Nazareth Academy. Park along the private roads or in the lots that surround the Chapel and Academy, front and back. Concert entrance is off the circular drive in the middle of the complex. Downtown La Grange restaurants are 5 minutes away by car.
- Westmont High School, Westmont: 909 Oakwood Dr: Just north of Ogden Avenue and just west of Route 83. Turn north onto Oakwood at the stoplight at Ogden. Oakwood winds through a residential area - the high school is on your right as you head north on Oakwood. Park in the large lot on the south side of the building and enter the large bank of doors next to that parking lot. Oakbrook Shopping Center’s restaurants are just minutes away.
- Willowbrook High School, Villa Park: 1250 S Ardmore Ave: Just north of Roosevelt Rd and west of Route 83, 5 min north of Oakbrook Shopping Center. From the large parking lots surrounding the school, look for our signs pointing to doors #1, 4 and 6, for easy concert access. Oakbrook Shopping Center’s restaurants are just minutes away.
- York High School, Elmhurst: 355 W St Charles Rd: Just east of Route 83, 6 min north of Oakbrook Shopping Center. The building is U-shaped, with a well-marked concert hall entrance in the middle of the U. You’ll find many restaurants south along Spring Road and east in downtown Elmhurst.